Friday, March 20, 2020

Editing Complication

I ran into a complication while editing since I was editing on the wrong account. The school has accounts for their students on WeVideo, but I did not know it was the premium version of the editing program and I made another account, which did not allow me to export the film without the WeVideo logo appearing throughout the entire film. I contacted my teacher to see if there was something I could do, and she mentioned joining the two videos, therefore the accounts, but that was not possible since the account I made was not connected to a school, like the other one.
Since it wasn't possible to connect the accounts and pass the edited video to the school WeVideo account, I have had to edit the video from scratch on the school account. Although I had finished editing it, I did not have access to the premium features that I do now, so I decided to change some of the effects I had put on the other one.
For the title scene, there was a motion text effect which typed like a typewriter, which I decided to use as well as the font "Montserrat-Regular." I was also able to select another motion text effect for the transitioning text of "3 months earlier" which I chose the "Above The Horizon" motion, which brings the text up, with the font "CantataOne."
I was also able to edit sound more thoroughly, raising and lowering the volume of the independent shots, allowing me to create the ambiance I like. I lowered the volume of the first shot, raising the volume of the song to create a dramatic feel. I then raised the volume of the second shot, lowering the volume of the song to allow to audience to hear what Andrea's mom tells her as she is leaving the house, then raising the volume of the song to where you can hear the song as well as Andrea's sniffles/cries. Then, the volume of the song increases slowly, as Andrea finishes writing on her journal to create a sense of suspense and sadness as the scene finishes.
For the second scene, the volume of the song is steady until Andrea and Albany's collision since the audience has to be able to hear what Albany says to Andrea. The volume will then increase slowly until the finish of the closing credits when the movie ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment